Sundance Dental & Orthodontics in Farmington NM believes in healthy smiles. The best way to have a healthy smile is by prevention – both in healthy habits as well as visiting us twice a year. As Benjamin Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventive measures.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use a soft toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when participating in contact sports.
4. Don’t smoke, or chew tobacco.
5. Skip piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a risky fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Avoid snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits twice a year.
At Sundance Dental & Orthodontics, we serve patients throughout the New Mexico area, including the communities of Farmington, Rio Rancho, Gallup, and Cortez CO. We want the best possible dental health for all our patients. We like to see you for a checkup twice a year, as well as follow the other healthy tips listed above. Our services include family and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next appointment with us today.
Contact Sundance Dental & Orthodontics:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):